I’ve lived with my boyfriend for over 8 months now. After saving and searching for the perfect home we’ve finally, moved out the comfort of his parents house, into our own little flat. It’s an equally exciting yet terrifying time as the realisation sinks in that ‘this is it’. I’ve been making a conscious log, of all those annoying things he does that make me love and hate him in equal measure. Many of which we aren’t pre-warned about when we first take the plunge. Here are just a few…
1) Perhaps the greatest myth of living with your boyfriend is: “You will have sex, all the time, everywhere.” This does not happen. Netflix, Gone Girl and Macadamia hair masks take priority in the evening.
2) You will scrimp and save to get that first months rent together: The first thing he will do when you move in is install Sky, with the Sky Sports package.
3) You will find him using your trusted Tangle Teaser to scratch his beard.
4) The top shelf of the fridge will always contain two crates of beers that he always “got on offer” at Sainsburys.
5) He will be come obsessed with unnecessary house gadgets; a multi-purpose Microwave and industrial strength super-turbo Vax vacuum cleaner have already turned up on my doorstep.
6) He will become equally obsessed with everything Groupon has to offer.
7) He will complain you always steal the duvet, yet he will always kick the duvet off his feet and in turn expose yours.
8) The second thing he will do after installing Sky is set up his Playstation, TV, DVD and Apple TV. He’s got his priorities sorted.
9) You will have evenings where everything about him annoys you, even his breathing, but you will miss him the minute he walks out the room.
10) He will do a ‘big shop’ yet fail to buy any fresh fruit or vegetables.